Wednesday, March 4, 2009

100th Week!! - An image for Today - Wednesday

Beauty...


Image by: Andrew Gibson

This image by Andrew Gibson in the Tarabuco, Bolivia village Market of a woman in traditional clothing is simply beautiful.

I thought, since I started off the week with my 100th post, (don't forget to ask your questions!) that I would give all of this week's posts a theme...
Inspiration

Every day for the rest of the week I will post something that inspires me.  Most of the time that will be a photographers work.  We'll see where this takes us!

Today I wanted to share with you portraits.  I love portraits of people and absolutely adore portraits of the elderly.  Their faces show the things that they have faced throughout their lives and I believe that it makes them beautiful.

The woman above may be aged and have many wrinkles by our standards, but she has lived.  I can only hope to age as gracefully, that my face may inspire others and be a work of art.

What do you see in her face?

1 comment:

Sassy Engineer said...

I think this is a very beautiful photograph! Thanks for sharing :)