Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh why the hell not

A little survey so that you can all get to know me a little more...

I know its alot to look through. Here are a few of interest - #9, 13, 24, 29, 51, 88, 89, 93. Enjoy!

Here's the rule: Bold the things you've done & post on your blog!

1. Started your own blog - are you reading this on the blogs of many people that haven't?

2. Slept under the stars - I love to be out in the wilderness

3. Played in a band - ummm does a 2nd grade recorder recital count?

4. Visited Hawaii - no but I will one day...

5. Watched a meteor shower - Yes, but it wasn't a very active one

6. Given more than you can afford to charity - Are you kidding me? We are in student loan debt up to our ears and its rising! But you give what you have at the time and worry about where its coming from later

7. Been to Disneyland - I have not been to the Land, but the World variety was fantastic and I say it counts

8. Climbed a mountain - Yes the Appalachian Mountains {they're not the tallest, but they are mountains!}

9. Held a praying mantis - most definitely, I remember raising them in grade school

10. Sang a solo - nope, not that talented

11. Bungee jumped - oh heck no!

12. Visited Paris - oh some day I'll make Husband take me there!

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - not only a thunderstorm...we watched a hurricane on our honeymoon, while our cruise was running away from it!

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - it how I learn everything I know

15. Adopted a child - no

16. Had food poisoning - nope

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - negative

18. Grown your own vegetables - I have a decent sized garden in my back yard

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - some day

20. Slept on an overnight train - I can't say that I've ever been on a train, which is strange considering my in-laws

21. Had a pillow fight - like in the movies? No

22. Hitch hiked - not a chance

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - who hasn't?

24. Built a snow fort - I was {ok am} such a tomboy when I'm not all dressed up

25. Held a lamb - no, but I've petted one

26. Gone skinny dipping- ummm, hot tub

27. Run a Marathon - maybe I'll try the mini at some point...I do love running

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - someday

29. Seen a total eclipse - yes, when was it? Sixth grade?

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - of course

31. Hit a home run - I don't play baseball/softball. Not a chance!

32. Been on a cruise - most relaxing vacation ever

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - someday

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - NO!! I would love to make that trip!

35. Seen an Amish community - lived near one. I have a friend that grew up Amish

36. Taught yourself a new language - not so good at it

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - hello! student loans!

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - seriously...I promised one day I will go to Europe ok?

39. Gone rock climbing - no, but I think it would be fun

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - oh come on!!

41. Sung karaoke - yes, but it was forced

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - that's another trip I must make

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - no

44. Visited Africa - oh someday

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance - no thank God!

47. Had your portrait painted - no, but I know who I want to paint one

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - again, someday

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - grrr...someday!

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - yes. I know its shocking, but I did get in the water and stuck my mask in, then Husband floated me around...its a close as I'll ever get!

52. Kissed in the rain - I love the rain!

53. Played in the mud - I was always muddy as a child {thank you Derek for being my partner in crime!}

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - yep, one of the last ones left

55. Been in a movie - I can't say that I have

56. Visited the Great Wall of China - Grr

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia - Grr

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - I was never a Girl Scout

62. Gone whale watching - I will when we visit Alaska someday

63. Got flowers for no reason - thank you Husband

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - yeah and 2 hours later I learned I don't bleed well

65. Gone sky diving - never!

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - May be weird, but I reeeally want to. I thought the Holocaust Museum in DC was amazing

67. Bounced a check - do I write checks anymore?

68. Flown in a helicopter - that could be fun

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - one...I'm a pack rat

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - twice. I love museums and Washington DC

71. Eaten Caviar - gross

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square - another trip to make

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job - yep I was 16 and they didn't believe me that I had hives

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - grr

77. Broken a bone - no, but I've chipped one

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - no thank you

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - its on the list

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican - Grrr

82. Bought a brand new car - yes after my college car was stolen

83. Walked in Jerusalem - Grr That would be amazing

84. Had your picture in the newspaper - yep, for an art award

85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve

86. Visited the White House - I have seen the outside and that's about as close as I'll ever get

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - no, the food industry does that for me

88. Had chickenpox - are you kidding they tried to kill me!

89. Saved someone’s life - yes, and failed to save another in a 16 person single car accident. We drove up on it...it changed my life

90. Sat on a jury - no, I probably will never be called again either

91. Met someone famous - not that lucky

92. Joined a book club - I'm in one right now

93. Lost a loved one - Bill and Justin you are still in my heart

94. Had a baby - on the list of things to do in the near future

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

No comments: