Friday, May 1, 2009

Shopping Did Not Equal Happiness

I'm having the same little issue as the Mojito Maven.  I just don't seem to have any inspiration lately.  I've just been enjoying catching up on my reader and commenting away, but my own posting has been seriously lacking!  This experience last night didn't help either...

If you follow me on twitter you know I was excited!  Shopping to actually buy something for a change and not just looking at the pretty things in the windows!

I LOVE shopping.  Its one of my favorite things.  It always cheers me up.

Not last night.  It was depressing.  

Nothing fit. Everything seems to be blousey which I think is pretty on some people, but when you have a little waist and a larger top...they just make you look like you're 'hiding something'.  And pieces that are supposed to be fitted don't come in my size...

{The one dress that I absolutely lurved and it fit well was a maxi dress from Express.  I just couldn't justify paying $79.50 for a dress made out of t-shirt material!}

Its a frustrating dilemma.  {Any hints on where to find some cute clothes on a student's budget?}  And yes, I tried Forever21 and the like.  I am shocked at some of the scraps of fabric that they are trying to sell as dresses!  

In the end I think I'm taking back almost everything that I bought last night.  

Hopefully some inspiration and better shopping will be headed my way now that it is May {I can't believe it is already.}

Thanks for listening to my rant...

4 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

i lurve me some shopping. love it. but i hate spending money!!! fortunately i live in a town full of vintage stores that i frequent. i don't really do "preppy" but j. crew usually has awesome sales as well as gap and anthro.... i like forever21 for cheap clothes, but like you said, everything is too daggum short!!

Sara said...

I am not a fan of Forever 21. I know they have cute stuff but I just don't have the patience for that place.

Have you tried Old Navy? They have some cute maxi dresses. Also New York and Company has two super cute ones that I am dying for.

Sorry it was such a bust. I hate when that happens.

Whitney said...

Sometimes shopping is frustrating! It's frustrating to me when I get my bank statement! Ha! Try Old Navy and there is a little website I love called Spiegel!

Sassy Engineer said...

I'm sorry about your lack of inspiration. I have kind of felt the same way. Also, I hate when I am ready to go shopping and I can't find what I want for the price I want. It drives me crazy! Anyway, I also would recommend New York and company. I love that place and recently purchase some cute jeans and pants for $10 each on sale. I could have easily bought more though! They have really cute clothes and they always have coupons to use and sales going on. I actually just got two 30% off coupons on my entire purchase in the mail last week!