Monday, September 13, 2010

No Touchy!

I am not a touchy-feely type person. I never have been. I hug few people regularly or willingly, including family. The few people I do hug, I hug a lot, but I don't necessarily want to hug them very time I see them.

Being pregnant has made this a large issue. Everyone wants to hug me! and touch me!

I had my first confrontation at a wedding recently. Apparently at 23 weeks pregnant, its obvious that my body is incubating this wonderful little creature.

A not so close 'friend' of my Big Brother decided that she needed to touch my belly AND proceeded to make her husband touch me too. I just stood there frozen, internally screaming "what the hell are you doing???"

I wanted to yell, in the words of my favorite Disney Emperor's words, "NO TOUCHY." But I thought maybe an outburst like that a wedding/reception wouldn't be very appropriate.

The question is, how do you deal with these people and their need to invade your personal space?


2 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

just you wait... it just gets worse! ;)

Allison said...

Yeah, I'd be annoyed by that too. In what world is it okay to go up and touch someone else's stomach? I mean, you'd never go up to some guy with a beer gut, pat his belly and say, "wow, looks like you've been working on that for awhile!!"

:)